Senior Project Manager
Please send résumés and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Ryan Street Architects is seeking a Senior Project Manager who is task oriented and is skilled at overseeing day to day project development and delivery. The successful candidate will manage multiple residential projects on a daily basis, provide oversight and coordination of the project team to ensure task completion, and that our high standards of service are consistently delivered.
Key strengths of the ideal candidate: communication, organization, planning, creative problem solving, confidence.
Assist the firm’s principal in determining the design direction for each new project. Work closely with the project architect and principal to ensure that the design process runs smoothly from initial concept to move-in day. The ideal candidate will be highly qualified to assist in the development of conceptual architectural design for high-end residential and hospitality projects. The job will involve reading and interpreting architectural drawings, selecting architectural materials and finishes, preparing conceptual design presentations and storyboards, obtaining and providing samples for the client, conceptualizing and designing interior architectural details, preparing presentations and presenting to clients, using CAD to prepare construction documentation, assisting in the preparation of estimating project budgets. You will be allowed design freedom suitable to your capabilities in order to help design high-end private residences in a well-established architecture firm.
roles & responsibilities
- Uphold the firm’s commitment to providing world class service
- Oversee client communications and develop strong relationship with clients
- Develop and manage the day to day project work plan from programming/conceptual design through construction; take action to mitigate deviations from the plan
- Ensure that project tasks are being completed and documented properly; develop and track action items until completed
- Organize and lead client meetings
- Manage project budget and schedule
- Develop and issue regular status reports to clients
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Lead project teams and ensure the team is communicating effectively and efficiently; create and foster strong teamwork & project team culture
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Assist in developing and managing fees
- Mentor and manage team members in areas such as time management and effective project communication
- Seek self-development through feedback, new knowledge and opportunities for personal growth, career learning and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 8+ years of project management experience, preferably in high end residential architecture
- Licensed Architect in the State of Texas preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – capability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision, juggle and prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines. Must be able to maintain a great attitude under pressure. Must have sound judgement
- Ability to make decisions related to project delivery
- Ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to anticipate problems and initiate mitigation measures
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Sound understanding of the design and documentation process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of residential detailing, building materials, codes and construction
compensation & benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid health insurance for employee
- Paid membership in AIA
- Paid standard holidays and vacation
- 401k retirement plan after 1 year of employment
- Support for professional development, continued learning, and leadership development