Please send résumés and references to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
We are seeking a Project Architect who has a strong design sensibility, is detailed oriented, and is skilled at document production, consultant coordination, and technical project development and delivery. The successful candidate will lead document production on multiple high-end residential projects on a daily basis, provide technical oversight and coordination of the project team to ensure task completion, and ensure that our high standards of service are consistently delivered. The role will involve developing documents from conceptual / schematic design through construction documents, including preparation of design details and specifications, providing construction observation services, and assisting in the preparation of estimated budgets and schedules.
The ideal candidate excels at developing design sketches into a quality set of coordinated construction documents while maintaining design intent, communicating effectively, and solving problems creatively and confidently.
With over 20 years of experience specializing in high-end, custom residential and club design, Ryan Street Architects provides first class architectural and interior design services on our projects. We are based in Austin, Texas and our projects offer unique opportunities for creative design, often on challenging site locations. Connections to nature, abundant natural light, and respect for the land and its character are hallmarks of our brand. Our process is collaborative, involving consultants, engineers, and contractors very early in the process, and our approach is personal. We build relationships with our clients that are based on mutual respect and trust.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Uphold the firm’s commitment to providing world class service
- Ensure that uniformly high-quality documents and RSA standards are completed on all projects
- Develop technical documents, drawings, and specifications in AutoCAD or Revit
- Lead consultant coordination and agency permitting
- Manage code compliance
- Manage construction observation and attend site meetings
- Complete quality control reviews of progress sets
- Attend and, where necessary, lead project / client meetings
- Coordinate work with internal and external team members and promote an inter-disciplinary approach to project delivery
- Provide progress updates to internal team and promptly communicate issues of concern
- Continually improve the quality of the work, the way it is delivered, and the process employed to attain it. Identify opportunities for RSA improvement.
- Build, nurture, and foster lasting relationships with a broad client base and support team members in doing the same
- Seek self-development through feedback, new knowledge, and opportunities for personal growth, career learning, and development
minimum position requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with 7+ years of experience in high-end residential design
- Texas licensure strongly preferred
- Highly skilled in AutoCAD and proficient in Revit
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent knowledge of the design documentation process, including experience producing fastidiously detailed and well-coordinated construction drawings
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – capability to work well in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. Must be able to maintain a great attitude under pressure.
- Ability to work well with colleagues in a team environment in order to keep multiple projects on schedule and within budget
compensation & benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience and licensure status
- Fully paid health insurance for employee
- Paid membership in AIA, if licensed in Texas
- Paid standard holidays and vacation
- 401k retirement plan after 1 year of employment
- Support for professional development, continued learning, and leadership development
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home